As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
This policy, together with any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. The information we collect from your visit is anonymised.
1. Information we collect from you
This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using google analytics or small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
Social Media platforms
Social media platforms, in most cases, are operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
When you use our contact form to communicate with us, you provide us with your personal data. We use this data to provide a service or answer an inquiry.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us.
2. Uses made of the information
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy.
3. Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to third parties only if:
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’ servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including and without limitation:
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular backups.
5. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase this type of personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To receive an exported file of this personal data please call: 07727 684 671
Gas Care Scotland
07727 684 671